Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sleep when you're dead...

Gav did not have a great night last night....or rather, early this morning. It has thus made him, shall we say, a bit GRUMPY today! He was whiney and just a pain this morning. Luckily we got out of the house and went to the mall with Carlie and the kids and that helped. He zonked out on the way home and then wasn't asleep for very long and the doorbell (or rather, the barking dog because of the doorbell) woke him up. He did not stop crying and I could not figure out for the life of me what he wanted. The only thing that made him stop crying was to hold him and stare into the pantry. He didn't want any food though. We just had to stand there. I have a very low tolerance for just standing around (sitting is another story) so I quickly put a stop to that. I sat him down on the recliner in his room and told him he could cry there until he was done...that was just fine with me. I know, it sounds a bit harsh, but I didn't sleep well either and it's been a long day. Well, shortly thereafter he stopped crying and I thought he was just sitting there. I walked by his room and this is what I found.....



Yes, he really is asleep!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Its nice to know I'm not the only one that just can't stand around. I think we get that from Grandma Smith and Grandma Cobbley!

Mom/Kim/Jewel said...

Oh Gavin!! What more can I say??!!!!!!!!

The Martin's said...

That is the cutest thing!

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

I LOVE IT!!! Hilarious!!

tamster17 said...

That is hilarious! Glad you captured on camera! Sorry about the crazy night and the lack of sleep for you all -- hope you get a nap soon!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Gosh, can you imagine sleeping with all that blook rushing to your head. Parker always sleeps all crazy like that and I can't figure out why he doesnot wake up with headaches.