Monday, July 26, 2010

Grandparents

I didn't get to see my mom's parents a lot growing up because they lived in Lousiana and we were living in either Utah or Iowa. I've probably seen them more in the last 3 years than I ever had my whole life. I have LOVED getting to know them and watching my kids with them. One thing not many people know about me is that I have a great passion for crocheting. It is one thing in the few times I spent with my Grandma when I was younger that she taught me and I have used in many ways since. It's something I will always remember her by and I always feel that I have a special bond with my Grandma over this.

My mom's dad has a great passion for Ice Cream. Trust me, I have a special bond with him through that! He was also a police officer and I love hearing him tell stories about his time on the police force. He is a great story teller and one of the stories I love the most is hearing about how he was lost when he was younger and police officer bought him an ice cream cone and helped him find his family. This most likely is why he loves ice cream and became a police officer :)

My grandparents have 8 kids (my mom is the second oldest) and my favorite thing to tell people is that I have an uncle who is younger than me! It's only by 6 months, but I still think it's kind of cool!

We were able to spend some time with them this weekend and get some pictures. I know it's really lame because I don't have girls, but I've always wanted a 4 generation picture and finally took one with my Grandma, mom, me and my kids. I don't know that people do that unless it all girls or all boys, but it's still 4 generations right? If only we hadn't been in the pool all day and looked a little more presentable! Oh well, I will treasure it forever!






1 comment:

Megan B ♥ said...

Phoooey on 4 generation traditions. I LOVE how it turned out!!