Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tantrums and cupcakes...

The other day while cooking dinner I let Gavin stand up on a chair by me and play in the water in the sink. He loves running water and thought it was pretty cool that I was letting him do this. I let him do this for quite awhile and then I got a little water concious and I was finished cooking anyway, so I turned it off and got him down. WRONG thing to do apparently! He threw a screaming fit for about 25 minutes. He honestly WOULD NOT calm down. I just had to start ignoring it because he wasn't going to stop unless I turned on the water and that wasn't going to happen. Finally I pulled up some pictures on the computer and he saw one of Dad and stopped immediately and started telling me about all the people in the pictures. Apparently he just needed a little distraction......



On a completely unrelated topic, Gavin sure enjoyed this cupcake :) I think he was about ready to throw another trantrum had I not given it to him.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you quit making your kid upset? I mean come on.... We are suppose to get/give them everything they want! DUH!

The Martin's said...

Dont you just love temper tantrums??

tamster17 said...

Temper tantrums are soooooo not cute! It's not a fun thing to see as a mommy! That's for sure! C's last one that was like that was at Ross when I was shopping and was a nightmare checking out because he wanted an ugly football nutcracker guy that I mistakenly let him hold during the trip. I had personally never seen him like that and I thought he was possessed or something!

tamster17 said...

By the way, I love that you got a shot of him throwing a fit! That will be a fun scrapbook page! :-)

bpetersen said...

Umm... I pretty much love him! He is soo... stinking cute even when he's screaming!:)

I'm glad to know though that my daughter isn't the only one to scream all the time when I tell her no. :)

Love you!

Chapman Family said...

Ahh...yes, the tantrums. I just pray my next baby will be a little more mellow about life. Love him to death-Isaac just is very set in his ways! :)