Thursday, January 14, 2010

2 months (a little late!)

Well, 2 kids has definitely slowed down my blogging. If my iPod had an app for blogging I would probably do better at it, but it's a pain to come downstairs to my computer...and this room is so messy I can't stand to be in it!

Max is doing well. He had his 2 month check up and was 11 lbs 9 oz (yes, 1 lb smaller than Gavin was at birth...) and was 23 in. The Dr. said he has great head control and looks great. She prescribed me some cream for his yucky cradle cap that is not going away and that seems to be helping. We had to see a different Dr. becasue his pediatrition was out on maternity leave. The reason I mention that was because she looked at my funny when I started laughing that he was only in the 31st percentile for weight. She didn't know that Gavin was such a big baby and didn't even fall anywhere on the charts until 6 months. Max still seems so tiny to me (unless we are around Paisley!) and it's fun to hear people tell me that he's small rather than the previously hated statement, "That's not a baby, that's a linebacker!"


Max, however, is NOT a content baby. He has good days and bad days, but lately there seem to be more bad days. I feel bad because I know he is just uncomfortable, but sometimes there is honestly NOTHING to do for him. He has finally started liking his baths and that helps to settle him down at night which is a big relief, but he is reverting on his sleeping habits. We'll get this all figured out one of these days!

I don't know if this is a second child thing, or just me being crazy, but I feel like Max has gotten shorted a lot in life already. First, I couldn't have visitors at the hospital because of the stupid swine flu...and now they have revoked that and everyone gets visitors. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to be healthy, but I really really really would have liked to have been able to have Gavin there. I don't have a family picture at the hospital of all of us, and it honestly kills me everytime I see someone post one now of their cute little family all together the day the baby was born. I think that just having such a bad experience with this hospital has made me feel a little more crazy about things too. I don't want to go in to detail about the bad experiences because I will just start to cry (ridiculous, huh? I still freak out everytime I have to go past the stupid hospital) but I just don't ever want Max to feel shorted in life. I know I should just shut up and be thankful for a happy baby, huh?


Here is my cute boy enjoying his bathtime!!!

1 comment:

Rheanna said...

Sorry you didn't get visitors. If it makes you feel any better-the kids threw fits, destroyed the room, fought and just generally drove me crazy...at least you missed out on that :o)