Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why can't I stay out of the frosting....

Tonight I attempted my first character cake for my niece's birthday tomorrow. It took FOREVER and she's 3 and will never know that I only kept doing it because I love her :) She is having a Dora/Princess birthday (her choice!). Thankfully my kids were good and Keith was home to help.
Anyway, here is Dora...Her face needs some work now that I see this picture...I'm not sure what's up with her eyes and her pink tongue looks like a tooth...I was trying to follow the way they artistically did it in the picture, but to no avail.
And here is my kitchen afterwards...
We will just call it creative chaos! I don't know why I can't do anything neatly. I really wish I was an organized person, but there are just other things that I am better at; like eating frosting! Everytime I make it I wonder why I eat it when I see how much shortening is in it. I can't help that I just happen to make REALLY yummy frosting! I'm looking forward to devouring Dora tomorrow!

7 comments:

Mom/Kim/Jewel said...

I think it looks AWESOME!! Kenna is soooo lucky to have an Aunt Nelle that loves her so much! Can't wait to taste that yummy cake!

Rheanna said...

I love frosting too! I think Dora looks great-much better than if I were to have done it. I think that's why I always convince my mom too help me too...I'd be there for a whole day and it would either look like junk or only be 1/2 done :o)

bpetersen said...

:) Kenna will love LOVE LOVE it tonight! :) And her Mom greatly appreciates all the work you did for it. I'll even come up and clean your kitchen for you!

Thanks Nelle!

LOVE Ya!

The Mighty Murray's said...

I LOVE Frosting! Yum. I doubt there is anything less healthy...but it is so good. I am always sick after decorating a cake from sneaking so many tastes. The cake is darling! What a nice aunt to go to all of that work.

Rambling Again said...

You really do love her!! Great job on the cake. You're the best. :)

tamster17 said...

I think you did a great job Janelle! That is A LOT of work -- definitely a labor of love for sure. It does take FOREVER to do all of those stars girl! You are definitely Auntie of the year! :-) And buttercream frosting is sooo good -- I eat WAY too much when I'm decorating too! You can't help it!

The Cobbley Family! said...

janelle that looks so good! awesome job!