Saturday, June 19, 2010

1st camping trip of the year

We were finally able to go out camping for the first time this year! Hopefully there will be many more trips to come! It is something we really enjoy doing together as a family. I will admit it's not exactely the easiest thing with a baby, but we're fortunate enough to have a trailer and that makes all the difference.

We went for 2 nights with Keith's parents up to Strawberry and a little campground called Aspen Grove. It was beautiful and cozy up there. The benefit of Keith's new work schedule is we can go during the week instead of just the weekend when everyone else goes. It was so quiet and there were very few other campers there. The cute campground hosts kept giving Gavin suckers each day. Keith, Grandpa and Gavin did some fishing and ended up with one fish they threw back and one "keeper" as Gavin says! The fishing apparently wasn't as great as it has been in years past. I enjoyed lots of time just gabbing with my mom in law and getting in a little bit of reading. I actually felt VERY relaxed despite 2 rough nights with the kids. Each one had one bad night which means I ended up with 2 bad ones :)


I feel very fortunate to have the wonderful in laws that I do. I commented on how I really enjoyed this trip because as we were the last in their family to marry, there has always been quite the group around and I don't get a lot of one on one time with them. I don't mind sharing them, but it is always nice for me to get some alone time with them.


Gavin really enjoyed going on walks and seeing all the "chipmunks". There was one the 2nd day that had been hit by a car and was dead in the road. We passed by it and I told Gavin that the chipmunk probably didn't listen to his mommy to watch for cars. When we passed back around, there was another chipmunk by the dead one and Gavin said, "Look mom, it's the Doctor chipmunk!!!" How sweet is that?!?! He also made Grandpa walk all over with him and later one night he told me he wanted to go for a walk. I got up to go with him and he informed me, "Not with you, Mom. Just with Grandpa." He really enjoyed the time with his grandparents.












No comments: