Friday, October 9, 2009

Changing my attitude...

I was such a bear last week...I am well aware that just about no one wants to be around me right now! Luckily Keith was super busy helping a friend build a deck and wasn't home much (although I am sure that contributed to some of my crankiness...) Anyway, I was mad about my doctor appointment and just pregnant and emotional too. I felt like I was doing everything for everyone else and no one cared that I was tired and just kept asking more and more of me. Then late one night my cute friend Adrian showed up at my doorstep with candy and ice cream and a card. Knowing her I know she doesn't want me to brag about her, but I can't help it. That totally made my day to know that someone cared and was thinking about me. After that I decided that maybe I was MOST of the problem and that I could use a change of heart. So for the past week I have tried each day to remember the good people in my life and all that they do for me. I just wanted to say thanks to a couple of them on here....PLEASE don't feel left out if I haven't mentioned you...pregnant brain and all....

Adrian...Duh, I already said that not only did you bring me goodies, but you totally helped me change my attitude and I have been happier this week than I have in a long time. Thanks so much for your encouragement and friendship. Seriously...it means a lot.

Jeri...not only the best next door neighbor ever, but someone I trust completely and can always count on. Thanks for listening to my endless complaining and never making me feel bad for feeling that way. Thanks for raising the sweetest boys ever, who are so kind to my family and especially Gavin. I hope he grows up just like them.

My BFF Carlie :)....Oh where do I start? What would I do in this world without you? I already told you I love you more than a fat kid loves cake...and I meant it! You and Nick are the best friends Keith and I could ever ask for, and I can't imagine a day without texting you about absolutely nothing and just knowing that you're there.

Torie my best friend through it all....Even though you're in Iowa, you are always with me. Thank you for our long phone conversations and all of the memories we've had. You are always on the same page as me and always there for me no matter what. We've been through so much together...I love you.

Mom...I love you more than words can say. You ALWAYS go out of your way to do things for me. I always feel guilty knowing there is no way I could ever repay you. Thank you for loving me and for life. I don't think I ever truly appreciated you until I became a mother.

Amy...my mom who didn't have to be. I'm always proud to be considered your daughter. You have shown me love beyond ways I could ever imagine. I have never known someone who had so much love to give and sometimes I can't even comprehend how you do it.

Dad...my constant. I always thought of Grandpa Cobbley as being that one never changing person in my life who I could always rely on when things were turned upside down. You have become that person to me. Thank you for always making my life feel balanced and normal.

Alan...my dad who didn't have to be. Even in the short time you and mom have been married you have welcomed me like your own daughter. You've given so much to me and Keith. Everytime I see you with Gavin, I am so proud that he can call you Grandpa.

My siblings...this post would go on forever if I mentioned all that each of you do for me so here is a quick rundown :)
Britt...You love Gavin like your own. It amazes me how you can do this.
Austin...my bud. I always have a friend thanks to you.
Chelsea...you're always someone to laugh with.
Colton...Gavin always wanting to be like Uncle Coco says it all....
Tristin...HUGS.
Taylor...always a happy face and NEVER hesitating to do something for someone else.
Logan...I love the way you always say bye to baby Max when I leave. You never forget anyone.

Nancy, Susan and Julie....my built in support system. The last 2 years of serving with the 3 of you has honestly changed my life. Your examples and strength and the things we've been through together during this time have been such a testimony to me.

Tammy and Katie...my visiting teachers (or past...I miss you too Katie!) Making an effort to make me feel loved. Inviting me to things, visiting with me, cookies and treats...Carl's Jr. :) Thank you both so much for your efforts

Mandy...Cafe Rio dates and cute nieces would be enough, but you still go out of your way to make sure I'm doing okay. I can always trust you and I am so lucky to call you my sister.

Grandma Marcia...For loving me and mine. When Keith who has never had grandparents his whole life can consider you his grandma, you know that's amazing. Thank you for all you have done and do for us.

And last but DEFINITALY not least...Keith. You always jokingly inform me that I just don't know how good I've got it. But you're right, I don't have a clue...I know it's better than I can even comprehend. You are an amazing husband and father and have loved me with a kind of love I am sure I don't even come close to reciprocating. I love you, babe.

There are many more to thank, but I highly doubt they read blogs, so I'll have to thank them another way. I love you all.

6 comments:

Amanda Lynn Smith said...

Right back at ya babe!!! Seriously, if there wasn't you, who would I have??? Thank YOU for being the best sister in law and for just being YOU! You are beautiful, you are talented, you are loving and caring of EVERYONE around you, you give WAY more than you take, you are an adorable mom and those boyS are so lucky to have you, you listen you talk...I know that if I am in a bad mood, I'm not after I talk to you. You lift me up more than you know. You are such a good friend and you excell in everything you do, thank you for being you and for being such a great example to me...as well as a fellow Cafe Rio lover and Twilight Obsessee...I love you!!! And it goes without saying that my girls love you too, they ADORE you, thank you for being such a great aunt to them!!! LOVES!!!

Mom/Kim/Jewel said...

My sweet, wonderful, thoughtful daughter. I am so proud of you always. Thank you for giving so much love to so many. We all are truly blessed to have you in our lives. I am the luckiest Mom in the world. I love you.

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Ah, you made me cry. I think we are the lucky ones. Thanks for that nice post. It's fun to read about all of the people that you care about. I am so happy to be one of them. I love ya, and so does my family.

tamster17 said...

Janelle -- you are such a fun babe! I'm so glad that I've been able to get to know you better through VT and love talking with you & spending time together. So neat to read about all the great people you have in your life and the love you share with each one of them. I love you too and I'm glad you are out of your funk from last week!

Tori and Steve said...

The last month of pregnancy is always a mess! You have every right to have whatever emotion you want, and every right to change it dramatically every minute! I am still impressed that my husband hasn't left me after three pregnancies!
Hang in there! I'm thinking of you!
Call me next time you take a lunch trip to PT! I'll meet you there!

The Martin's said...

You were in big trouble when I found out that you had updated your blog without even telling me...until I read this. I'm so glad that you are my bff! I don't know what I would do without you!
P.S. I love you more than I love chocolate....which is ALOT!!