Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I meant to do this yesterday, but was busy all day with church and mother's day activities. I just wanted to write a little bit about how lucky I am to have 3, yes that's right, 3 mothers!


My mom, Kim, is amazing! I don't think I quite apprecitated her as I should until I had Gavin. She has spent my whole life putting her kids first. She always says that the only thing she ever wanted to be was a mom. I know that things were not always easy for her, and that she had to work really hard as a single mom, but we never did without. She has always made sure we knew that we were loved and that she was always there for us no matter what. I always remember her saying that no matter what we did she would always love us. She's a very kind person and always wants to make sure everyone else has what they need. She thinks of everyone else before herself. And best of all, she overlooks my short comings! She has been a great example of the mom I want to become.


My step-mom, Amy, has somehow found it in her heart to put up with me! I wasn't always the nicest kid to her, but we've come a long way! She didn't have to be like a mom to me, but that didn't stop her. I appreciate that she loves me for me, and as her own. She has always been someone I could easily talk to, and has been a good example to me with the way she loves her children. I don't know that I could take on as much as she has and do as well. She's an inspiration and definitely someone to be admired.


My mother-in-law, Carol, has lovingly accepted me as a daughter-in-law. She is a great example of a daughter of God and has set a great example for me as faithful woman. She has taken on so much responsibility with her family and church callings, and done so well with all of them. She also always notices the little things. When Keith and I were dating, I always used this silly smiley face cup at her house, and after we were married she bought me a cup just like it because she noticed that. For some reason, I've always remember that, and thought it to be such a fond memory of the subtle little things she does for me. She is so funny too, and will always leave me a message or say in an email, "Love Mom 3"


So to all of my mothers.....thank you for what you've given me. The examples of the mom I want to become. I feel if I can just in a little way emmulate a few qualities from each of my wonderful mothers, I will become the woman I want to be. Thank you all. I love you, Mom 1, 2 and 3 :) Happy Mother's Day!


3 comments:

The Meyers Family said...

Happy Mother's day to you too. I have more than one mom too and you can love them all and learn from them all too. PS I gave my step mom hell too I think it is the step mom right of passage...hahaha

The Gatherum Family said...

OHHHHHH you don't even want to know the things that my dad's wife has had to endure-FROM MY DAD'S 4 GROWN DAUGHTERS...it can be pretty ugly at time :) Anyways, I hope you had a great Mother's Day. You are looking SOOOO dang good Janelle. I am tellin ya, as soon as this baby is here, I am gonna start joining your running club :)

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

I tagged you....