Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Fish Called Water...

Gavin's friend Jaxson has a fish and apparently we have to keep up with the Martins! The other day Gavin kept telling me, "I want fish like Jax!!!" Over and over and over and well, mommy is a sucker. So we headed to Wal-Mart and got a fish and a cheap bowl (I'm not really ambitious about how long this fish will survive...) and brought it home. Gavin's favorite part was dumping the fish into the bowl. Surprisingly, he hasn't asked me to do it again which would most assuredly lead to the fish's demise. The best part was when I asked Gavin what he wanted to name his fish.

Mom: "Gavie...what do you want to name your new fishy?"
Gavin (without hesitation): "Water."

Mom: "Yes, buddy. The fishy swims in the water. What is his name?"

Gavin: "Water."

I gave up after this and decided I would ask him later. He still says Water when you ask. I'm pretty sure he understands what a name is because I can ask him what his name is and he says Gavie, or what's the baby's name pointing to his cousin Myah and he says Myah. Oh well! It's pretty fun to talk about our fish named Water! Notice I did not wipe the tank off for the photo. Gavin LOVES to give the fish bowl kisses.

3 comments:

Mom/Kim/Jewel said...

Tell water Hi from Gramma Kim!!

The Martin's said...

I think "Water" is the perfect name for Gav's fishy!

tamster17 said...

So cute! You are such a good mom -- (or is that a push over). Just kidding! ;-) Love that Gav named his fish Water!