Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm getting too old....

The other night was the midnight premiere of Harry Potter. The movie = awesomeness. Definitely my favorite so far. Janelle = way too old to hang out with teenagers and go to midnight premieres. I was soooooooooo tired! Might have had something to do with the little pre-showing party I hosted before we went. It was totally last minute and I didn't get to do any fun decorating or anything, but I found a bunch of recipes for things they eat in the books and went to town. It was a bit more involved than I anticipated but the girls that were going with me seemed to enjoy it and that made it all worth it. For those who have read the books I made Pumpkim Pasties, Butter Beer, Treacle Fudge, Acid Pops and Cockroach Cluster. My favorite were the pretzel rods dipped in chocolate and sprinkles which I of course called "Ollivander's Wands" and then they each got a broomstick treat bag. We did a Harry Potter crossword puzzle and a trivia quiz and then we played "Indoor Quidditch". I hid a small bouncy ball that I had painted gold and they had to find it. 11 teenagers in my tiny front room looking for a little tiny ball was HILARIOUS. And even better, I had the best hiding spot. It took forever for them to find it! I had a great time despite my tiredness and I am thankful for some cute girls who even invited me, an old woman, to go!

Photobucket
Ready to go!
Photobucket
This was the richest concoction....kinda like a butterscotch cream soda. I won't even begin to tell you how much butter and sugar is in this....
Photobucket
Sort of like individual pumpkin pies
Photobucket
These were yummy!

Photobucket
I shouldn't post this disgusting picture of myself but I had to prove another adult was with me and I'm not the only crazy fan!

4 comments:

Mom/Kim/Jewel said...

I love you Janelle! You are so Awesome!! :)

Mistie said...

WOW! You went to a lot of work for that party, my friend. How fun though! I love every last detail. I loved the movie too (we saw it premier night with Troy's work). I know what you mean about getting old though...i feel the same way. It is good we have the cute YWs to remind us to be young sometimes. :)

tamster17 said...

Seriously -- you guys are the best YW leaders ever! Those girls are sooooo lucky to have you!

The Mighty Murray's said...

That is what I call dedication! How awesome are you guys? Just make sure you are in for at least another year for Maddie to experience your awesomeness!