Wednesday, October 15, 2008

All the things he can do....

October is halfway over and I have only blogged 4 times...apparently nothing too interesting has been happening! Or rather, Gavin keeps me too busy to blog!

He is getting so big. I found a program where you can print your blog out into a book and I was thinking I would do that at the end of the year. That way I can have it to keep as a sort of journal of events. I don't think I take enough time to record the funny things Gavin does or now says and I don't want to ever forget them. He has become such a fun little man lately! I can't believe how much he has grown up in just the last 2 weeks!
He can run and climb on ANYTHING! I can't believe how easy it is for him to do things that used to seem like so much work.
He understands SO MUCH! I'll ask him something and sometimes he catches me so off guard. The other day I was in the office and told him to go get my phone. Next thing I know he's running back in the room handing it to me! Or today during my presidency meeting I asked him to fold his arms during the prayer and I didn't have to do it for him, he just did it! He'll go get a diaper when I ask him to and he'll go get a tissue and blow his nose and then throw it away. I'm so proud that he also seems to understand we only throw certain things away. I have yet to discover that he has thrown something important in the garbage!
He absorbs information like you would believe. He knows the following animals sounds:

Horse
Puppy
Cow
Kitty-Cat
Bear
Piggy
Chicken
Sheep

It's so cute and I make him do it all the time! He was driving down the road with Keith and my dad the other day and saw a horse and said, "Neigh!!!!" I really only thought he knew what the sound was, not what it looked like! Now everytime we see a horse he says it and I love it just as much everytime!


He's learning body parts...he knows hair, feet, belly, hands, and nose. He's having a hard time with the difference between eyes and ears but we'll get there!


I'm very proud of him and how hard he tries to be a good boy. It can't be easy all of the time when you don't understand, but he's such a sweet boy. I can truly tell that he loves me and Keith. We're so lucky to have him for our son.


4 comments:

The Martin's said...

That is the sweetest picture ever! I cant believe how big he is getting!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Everybody always told me to write down the funny things they say and I didn't, I thought I would never be able to forget such funny things. but, you do. Now, learn from my mistakes, WRITE DOWN ALL THE FUNNY THINGS HE EVER SAYS! Start Now.

Mom/Kim/Jewel said...

Janelle, you are precious!! What an amazing MOM! Gavin is so lucky to have you. I love that picture!

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Oh my goodness!! That is the most adorable picture I have ever seen!!! Oh it is too cute!!!