Monday, October 13, 2008

Good Friends? NO GREAT!

Friday night I had a recipe group to go to that I do once a month. Keith wasn't going to be home to tend Gav so I was looking for a sitter and my good friend Julie offered to take him. Not just take him, but take him to the Riverton HS football game with her family. I know what you're all thinking...."Take Gav to a game? She's got to be the bravest woman I've ever heard of!" She and her wonderful family took him and they said he was great. (I don't think she would lie, but we all know how Gav has been lately...) Julie is in primary with me and not only did she take him, but our fearless Pres. Nancy (you may remember her from the Weiner Mobile post) called me to see if he was going so she could bring some treats for him and make sure to see him. And then I find out, sweet darling, Susan (the other counselor) and her family sat by them too! Either they all really thought I needed a night off, or they just love Gavin! I am so thankful to have not only these women to serve in the church with, but also to have the good friendship that we do. I'm thankful for their examples and for their love for my son. I couldn't ask for better people to serve with. I was teasing Julie that they weren't going to make the blog since none of them remembered a camera....but I'll forgive them! I love you all, and your families too!

3 comments:

The Martin's said...

Im glad that you had a night off, cause that meant I had a night off too! I had so much fun with you on fri. Thanks for inviting me!

P.S who wouldn't love Gav?!?!

The Mighty Murray's said...

We love all of you guys! You guys are all awesome! Couldn't ask for a better presidency! Thanks for all you all do for our kids.

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I have said it from the beginning, you guys are all so lucky to get to spend time with such awesome women. I love that picture also.