Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Austenland...



I just finished reading a book by Shannon Hale entitled, "Austenland". I have heard a few people mentioning her books and thought I would give it a try, not knowing what to expect. Alright, if I'm being honest on here, I was pretty sure I wouldn't really be interested because my mother-in-law and sister-in-law (who has a slightly different taste in things than I do) were always talking about them. I in no way mean that derogatory, but I just tend to like different things. If you know me well, you know I am not one to be into things just because everyone else is. I swore I was never going to read Harry Potter or Twilight (I can't believe I am admitting that) because everyone else was and, well, look what happened there. For lack of something to read lately, I borrowed this book from my mother-in-law, and it was surprisingly good! I found it very witty, though a tad unbelievable, but apparently that's what I am looking for these days! Sometimes it's fun to escape to a fictional world and pretend to be someone else, which this book REALLY illustrates. I also found Shannon Hale to be a WONDERFUL writer. I tend to skip over a lot of stuff as I read because I am just plain bored with the author's writing. I can guarantee you that I read every single word in this book, though, and enjoyed it. I highly recommend this if you're looking for something new to try.

3 comments:

Rheanna said...

I've heard lots of great things about this book-I'm totally intrigued!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I'll get right on that! Ha Ha.

Me said...

I went to school with Shannon! She is so nice! I love her!