Friday, November 9, 2012

Deer Hunt 2012


Yep.  The only time I will post about a deer is if Keith gets one, so I suppose you know what's coming.  I'll admit, the deer hunt is not my favorite time of year, but I try to overlook that and remember that Keith enjoys going with his brothers and dad.  I guess I should be thankful that he is not completely obsessed with hunting like a few of his brothers, but then there is always the fear that he'll actually get one and I'll be forced to eat deer meat.  The kids saved me last year when they left the big freezer door open before we went camping and the small deer Keith had gotten ended up all being worthless.  Ok that did kind of suck as it was a waste of money, but there wasn't any eating of the deer meat.  This year, there will be plenty!  I'll have to buck it up and just be glad that he mixed all the ground stuff half and half with ground beef to make it taste better.  It also means that because his taxidermy guy was going to be out of town and he wants to do a European mount on his deer that I have a dead deer head sitting in my freezer in the garage.  Go ahead and say it...I am the ULTIMATE wife :)

The proud hunter....
I should also mention that I'm glad all of the cutting up, skinning etc. takes place and Mom and Pops' house!             

3 comments:

sam c.hart jr said...

You are a VERY GOOD WIFE!!! I couldn't handle that!

Tori and Steve said...

You should win wife of the year!! I couldn't be a hunter's wife and a vegetarian at the same time so it's a good thing my hubby doesn't hunt!

Christine said...

I understand the hunting thing but that last picture is disgusting.