Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Green thumb...

This year I am determined to not be the white trash neighbors with the crappy yard. Keith and I really don't have any clue where to start on landscaping, but I thought the least we could do would be to keep our lawn green! He's worked so hard on fixing our sprinklers. The people who lived her before apparently made the sprinkling system out of something (I can't remember what) that is apparently ridiculous to use for a sprinkling system. Anyway, Keith's worked really hard this year to at least make sure the sprinklers reach all areas of the lawn. I'm amazed at how green our lawn can actually look! I planted some stuff in the front flower bed, but I'm not in love with it. I think I will add to it.

This is also the first year my flower pots haven't died in the first week! They aren't anything amazing, but I love all the bright colors. I think Keith gets tired of me saying, "Look how good my flower pots are doing!" everytime we pull up to the house! But he's a good sport, thankfully!


Continuing with more firsts for us this year, our garden looks the best it ever has! I don't think you can really tell from these pictures, but it actually looks like there was a method to our madness this time! We are going to have lots of beans and tomatoes, so looks like I will be busy canning!



2 comments:

MVP Family said...

I am so jealous you have a garden! Your house is so cute!

tamster17 said...

Looking good with your garden -- it's so great to have fresh food from your garden to eat! We love to plant our garden as well and the kids love to see everything growing and help us with the weeding and watering and the eating of it all of course! One fun thing that we have done for the past 2 years is grow pumpkins and then the kids get to take care of them and then pick which one they want to carve. It's been a really fun thing to do!