Friday, August 8, 2008

08.08.08 Random Rantings

I suppose this year wouldn't be complete without a blog post from 8/8/08. Besides, it's been a week since my last post. Honestly, there was probably a lot to blog about this week, but I didn't take pictures of any of it. I finished reading "Breaking Dawn" but I would rather not say my feelings on it until I am sure more people are done reading it. I don't want to spoil anything!!! Gavin got his second haircut the other day...he's cute as ever. We went to lil' miss Ella Jo's big 1 year old bash! Carlie put together a great little party and it is always fun to see them and their family. I went boating yesterday with a bunch of my family and really enjoyed having a babysitter and playing! I felt a little selfish, but I suppose it's okay every once in awhile.

So seriously... I really haven't had that much experience getting hyped up over these "once-in-a-lifetime" date appearances. My sister in law was insistent that she have her baby on 05/06/07...she even found a Dr. who would induce her on a Sunday so she could. I guess that would be a cool thing to say that was your birthday. Honestly, that doesn't do it for me. On 07/07/07 my brother in law surprised his wife and made it her "Lucky" day. He had arranged a whole day planned with things she liked to do. I thought that was cute...and left me feeling a bit jealous that this paticular Smith brother seems to have gotten all of the creativity....! (KIDDING baby...you and VERY creative. Sometimes more than you should be) Needless to say these dates have never particulary fascinated or interested me.

I read on MSN that Clay Aiken had a baby...with someone that he is not romantically involved with who underwent the process of artificial insemenation. He's like 20 something, she's 50 something, but they want to raise this child together. Anyway, they had the baby today at 8:08 on 8/8/08...that had to have been a planned c-section. I guess if that's really some important thing to them.....but I don't get it. The whole situation is weird if you ask me.

And today marks the start of the 2008 Beijing Olymics. Not a huge fan of the olympics and I'm really wondering if today wouldn't have been this magical date, if they would have started today. I suppose for lack of something else to do while Keith is not home, I will watch the opening ceremonies.

I was reading something else about today's date that says "It is also a day where many couples get married to be reminded of this unique date for the rest of their lives." Seriously people, can you not remember something like 4/26/03 just as well? Is my wedding date any less special because it doesn't have some rhytmic, matching tone to it???

So...now that I have documented my feeling on this very "magical" date (very cynically, I might add) I doubt there are any of you left reading...........

5 comments:

Mom/Kim/Jewel said...

Guess how special this date was to me??? I didn't even know the date until you told me!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I am so with it!

tamster17 said...

You are so funny! Loved your comments on the "special dates"! I've never thought much about them myself and I'm with you on the fact that those dates aren't anymore special then the special dates in my life! :-)

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

I finished reading it haha! I didn't even know it was 08/08/08 until Soren told me right before I fell asleep. So, um ya...I guess it's not magical to me either! Lol! I liked the post it made me laugh! I remember my math teacher getting all hyped about 05/05/05..and I wasn't impressed at all, lol! He also used think that pie day (3/14) was exciting....whatever.

The Edwards Family said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!! I'm not big on dates either, but I have heard that the Chinese number for wealth is 8, so that should explain all the weddings and the date and time of the Olympics. However, I don't believe in superstitious stuff like that, I hope it works for them.

Rheanna said...

I can't believe you don't have an undying love of the Olympics. The rest of this post was hilarious, but you better take it back! We actually got Dish specifically because it was the olympics coming up and I just can't live without it!