Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Talented...

Well, I did it. I finally picked up a book (and finished it) that did not contain a character named Edward. It was rough, I'll admit it, but I persevered and I am proud of my accomplishment.

The title of my blog, however, does not imply that doing so was a talent. Although it was difficult, what I mean to say is talented is my dear Auntie Marcia. It was one of her books that I read and am pleased to inform you all of this very talented woman I am related to!

Marcia Lynn McClure is fabulous and writes wonderful romance novels for those prefering to read books without all the smut. Don't get me wrong, they've got just enough of what any girl is looking for, but quoting from one of her books they are for those..."who longed for a breath of the past and missed the romace of bygone eras; friends searching for moments of distraction from the stressful, demanding times in which we live." Doesn't that sound appealing?

If you are interested in reading I do own a couple. You can learn more about Marcia here. She's fantastically HILARIOUS. I have a magnet on my fridge from her that says, "I wish I were a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum. How can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" And a personal favorite funny from my dear Auntie was the time she gave me my membership in the "Dishtowel of the month club". Without fail I received a dish towel and newletter from her each month for an entire year. I even had my own personal membership card!

So dear Auntie, thank you for letting me know that I can live again after Edward. For reaffirming my faith in men, not just sexy, perfect vampires, and giving me just a little "distraction." I love you!




Marcia's daughter, my FABULOUS cousin, took the picture for the newest Marcia Lynn McClure ebook. Isn't she fabulous? I would invite you to view her awesome photography, but her blog is private!

3 comments:

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Oh you are so sweet!! Thanks!! :) P.S. Vampires ARE hot. :)

tamster17 said...

How neat that you have an aunt that is an author! Sounds interesting -- I might have to check out one of her books from you!

marcialynnmcclure said...

Janelle! YOU are so sweet to me! AND wait until you read the book I'm working on now...there's something in there I think YOU will really smile at! I love you! Love, Auntie Marcia